APPLICATIONS HAVE CLOSED FOR THIS POSITION
Biotext is looking for a self-driven communications manager to join our team.
We turn complex science and policy information into effective publications. For more than 15 years, we have produced publications for scientific agencies, government departments, academic and nongovernment organisations, both in Australia and overseas. Biotext is an acknowledged leader in science writing, editing and design, specialising in health and biomedical science, environment, agriculture and government.
Working closely with our management, editing and design teams, your main duties will be developing and implementing the Biotext communications plan and helping Biotext management to prepare marketing materials and project proposals. There may also be an opportunity to contribute to client projects. We are looking for someone with strong writing skills and an interest in science, who is able to drive projects and ongoing communications tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strong writing skills
- A keen interest in science and clear scientific communication
- Strong organisation skills
- Tertiary qualifications in science, health or biomedical science, and/or communications
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team
- Flexibility to adapt to the needs of a growing small business
- Experience in communications and writing a range of materials, including newsletters, websites and social media
- Experience developing and implementing marketing strategies
- Experience driving digital engagement
- Experience in writing proposals or quotes
- Experience in working with editors and designers
- Experience in business development
- Experience in Adobe CC software
Hours: Part time (at least 3 days per week; flexible working hours available)
Salary: Negotiable based on qualifications, experience and skills
Start date: November 2018
Location: Bruce, Canberra
Biotext also has offices in Melbourne and Sydney, but the successful candidate must be prepared to work in the Canberra office.
Applications: Applications should be lodged by email (With ‘Communications application’ as the subject line) and include a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and a résumé, including the names of at least 2 referees. Applications close on Friday 5 October 2018. (You can also view this position on Seek).
Contact: Kylie Evans or Richard Stanford, email firstname.lastname@example.org, ph 6282 2280