I’ll use this every day. This has been the most informative and relevant course I have done in a very long time. Loved it!
– Kirstin Berry, Calvary Mater Hospital Newcastle
Courses in our areas of expertise
Hear from a firsthand participant of one of our courses.
To check out what courses are on offer at the moment, please take a look at our page at Humanitix.
- Fundamentals of data literacy and visualisation: learn how to select, understand and use data in documents, recommendations and evidence-based policy, including how to match your type of data to the correct graph, table or map, and how to design these visuals so that your ‘data story’ has the most effect. Our next course is scheduled for 2 and 3 June 2021.
- Writing and editing complex content: learn how to make complex information easy to read and understand, and how to use editing skills to improve your own and other people’s work. Our next course is scheduled for 22 and 23 June 2021.
- Successful science writing and editing: this course and Writing and editing complex content are similar (no need to do both!), but we can tune the course to your needs, and change the name accordingly.
- Presenting data properly: learn how to match your type of data to the correct graph, table or map, and how to design these visuals so that your ‘data story’ has the most effect.
- Creating effective infographics: learn the principles and methods that help turn data into effective and accurate infographics.
- Writing about evidence: learn how to identify common problems in writing about scientific evidence, and how to eliminate misleading statements and bias.
Courses to suit you
- Open courses: we hold regular small-group training courses. These are usually held at our Canberra offices, but are now available as live online courses. Please contact us to register your interest for any course, and we will let you know when the next one will be held.
- Onsite training: we train large or small groups at your organisation or ours, and can tailor our courses to suit your needs.
- Individual guidance: we can provide one-on-one tutoring via Skype, Zoom or email, on any of our course topics.
- Writing retreat: we provide a brief introductory workshop and then work directly with attendees on their own writing examples and projects.
Please contact us to register your expression of interest in any of our courses.