I’ll use this every day. This has been the most informative and relevant course I have done in a very long time. Loved it!
– Kirstin Berry, Calvary Mater Hospital Newcastle, Successful science writing and editing
Courses to suit you
- Open courses: we hold regular small-group training courses at our Canberra office. These courses are open to anyone. Please register your interest for any course that interests you, and we will let you know when the next course will be held
- Onsite training: we train large or small groups at your organisation, and can tailor our courses to suit your needs
- Individual guidance: we can provide one-on-one tutoring via Skype or email, on any of our course topics
- Writing retreat: we provide a brief introductory workshop and then work directly with attendees on their own writing examples and projects
Courses in our areas of expertise
Successful science writing and editing
learn how to make complex information easy to read and understand, and how to use editing skills to improve your own and other people’s work.
Writing about evidence
learn how to identify common problems in writing about scientific evidence, and how to eliminate misleading statements and bias.
learn how to identify the parts of your text that would benefit from visual presentation, and how to work with a designer to develop design ideas.
learn how to select, understand and use data in documents, recommendations and evidence-based policy.
Presenting data properly
learn how to match your type of data to the correct graph, table or map, and how to design these visuals so that your ‘data story’ has the most effect.
Please contact us to register your expressions of interest.