I’ll use this every day. This has been the most informative and relevant course I have done in a very long time. Loved it!
– Kirstin Berry, Calvary Mater Hospital Newcastle, Successful science writing and editing
Courses in our areas of expertise
- Data literacy and visualisation: learn how to select, understand and use data in documents, recommendations and evidence-based policy
Breaking news: Our Fundamentals of data literacy and visualisation course will be held live online on 22 and 23 September 2020, 10:00 to 12:00 and 13:00 to 15:00. Please visit Eventbrite to register.
- Successful science writing and editing: learn how to make complex information easy to read and understand, and how to use editing skills to improve your own and other people’s work.
Hear from a firsthand participant of our inhouse Successful science writing and editing course.
- Presenting data properly: learn how to match your type of data to the correct graph, table or map, and how to design these visuals so that your ‘data story’ has the most effect
- Writing about evidence: learn how to identify common problems in writing about scientific evidence, and how to eliminate misleading statements and bias
- Infographics: learn how to put together words and visual content to capture your message and engage audiences
Courses to suit you
- Open courses: we hold regular small-group training courses. These are usually held at our Canberra offices, but are now available as live online courses. Please register your interest for any course, and we will let you know when the next one will be held
- Onsite training: we train large or small groups at your organisation, and can tailor our courses to suit your needs
- Individual guidance: we can provide one-on-one tutoring via Skype or email, on any of our course topics
- Writing retreat: we provide a brief introductory workshop and then work directly with attendees on their own writing examples and projects
Please contact us to register your expression of interest in any of our courses.